[Phpmyadmin-devel] about inline editing

Garvin Hicking phpmyadmin at supergarv.de
Tue Jul 13 21:54:02 CEST 2010

Hi!

>> * does it mean that on a js-enabled browser, I would not be able to edit
>> in a traditional way?
> If we are to use the same edit icon for inline editing, jQuery will
> prevent the traditional behaviour.  If we want to preserve traditional behaviour,
> we could either add a separate icon for inline editing, or add a toggle
> checkbox/button on the page, which activates/deactivates inline editing.

Personally I would prefer the inline editing to simply trigger on an "onclick"
event within any of the cells of a row. The edit icon should IMHO still point to
the old behavior. I, for one, often use Ctrl-Click on multiple rows to spawn
tabs in my browser to edit multiple records. This great behavior should still
work, and  with default jquery behavior it would prevent this.

I'm very excited about this upcoming feature. :-)

Regards,
Garvin

--
++ Garvin Hicking | Web-Entwickler [PHP] | www.garv.in | ICQ 21392242