[Phpmyadmin-devel] [Ajaxify the phpMyAdmin Interface] Help for testing changes

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 07:13:23 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Over the last couple of weeks, I made a few changes for my GSoC
project and I have published the changes at my fork of the phpMyAdmin
repository [0].  The changes have been made on the Server Privileges
(server_privileges.php) and Database Operations (db_operations.php)
pages, along with the corresponding JavaScript files and some library
files.  Also, I have re-factored (some) JavaScript functions from
functions.js and common.js and removed a few inline JavaScript calls
and replaced them with jQuery scripts.

It would be great if I could get some feedback on how my code is
building up, and also some testing to ensure that the changes I'm
making don't work in just my narrow workbench setup. :)  The
documentation/comments may be inadequate, as most of the work is still
in progress and is subject to change over the next few weeks, but
anybody who's read jQuery code before, should understand what's
happening.  Kindly spend some time testing out the following (Smiles
and Thank Yous guaranteed for those who help! ;) ) :

* Server Privileges:
** Reload/Flush Privileges
** Add a new user (known bug: When adding a user after the first one,
the "Create User" button makes the Ajax call and creates a user, but
does not automatically close the dialog)
** Revoke User
** Export Privileges

* Database Operations:
** Rename Database
** Copy Database
** Change Database Charset

* Inline JavaScript calls removed/JS functions refactored:
** Drop Database (db_structure.php). (removed inline calls to
confirmLinkDropDB() ).
** Truncate, Drop Table (db_structure.php)
** Drop Column, Add Primary Key (tbl_structure.php)
** markAllRows() and unmarkAllRows()
** addClass() and removeClass()
** setCheckboxes()
** setSelectOptions()
** confirmLink() (Now using $.PMA_confirm() instead.  All calls to
this function have yet to be replaced, work in progress)

All suggesstions and improvements to code are welcome! :)

P.S: My blog host has again been moving servers, and hence, my blog is
unreachable/down for almost 5 days now.  I will switch to a paid
hosting service as soon as I receive the initial GSoC payment.  I'm
sorry for the downtime.

[0] - http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/ninadsp.git

Ninad S. Pundalik
Twitter: @ni_nad | Identica : @ninad | http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69