[Phpmyadmin-devel] [Ajaxify the phpMyAdmin Interface] Help for testing changes

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Jun 21 18:54:01 CEST 2010

Ninad Pundalik a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> Over the last couple of weeks, I made a few changes for my GSoC
> project and I have published the changes at my fork of the phpMyAdmin
> repository [0].  The changes have been made on the Server Privileges
> (server_privileges.php) and Database Operations (db_operations.php)
> pages, along with the corresponding JavaScript files and some library
> files.  Also, I have re-factored (some) JavaScript functions from
> functions.js and common.js and removed a few inline JavaScript calls
> and replaced them with jQuery scripts.
>
> It would be great if I could get some feedback on how my code is
> building up, and also some testing to ensure that the changes I'm
> making don't work in just my narrow workbench setup. :)  The
> documentation/comments may be inadequate, as most of the work is still
> in progress and is subject to change over the next few weeks, but
> anybody who's read jQuery code before, should understand what's
> happening.  Kindly spend some time testing out the following (Smiles
> and Thank Yous guaranteed for those who help! ;) ) :
>
> * Server Privileges:
> ** Reload/Flush Privileges
> ** Add a new user (known bug: When adding a user after the first one,
> the "Create User" button makes the Ajax call and creates a user, but
> does not automatically close the dialog)
> ** Revoke User
> ** Export Privileges
>
> * Database Operations:
> ** Rename Database
> ** Copy Database
> ** Change Database Charset
>
> * Inline JavaScript calls removed/JS functions refactored:
> ** Drop Database (db_structure.php). (removed inline calls to
> confirmLinkDropDB() ).
> ** Truncate, Drop Table (db_structure.php)
> ** Drop Column, Add Primary Key (tbl_structure.php)
> ** markAllRows() and unmarkAllRows()
> ** addClass() and removeClass()
> ** setCheckboxes()
> ** setSelectOptions()
> ** confirmLink() (Now using $.PMA_confirm() instead.  All calls to
> this function have yet to be replaced, work in progress)
>
> All suggesstions and improvements to code are welcome! :)

Hi Ninad,

First a general advice about message strings: please use gettext. See
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Gettext_for_developers and
js/messages.php.

Testing "Add a new user", indeed the dialog is not closed but shouldn't
the new user appear in the list of users after creation?

Also I get

Notice in ./libraries/common.lib.php#2891
Undefined index: is_header_sent

Backtrace
./server_privileges.php#1037: PMA_ajaxResponse(
object,
boolean 1,
)

Warning in ./libraries/common.lib.php#2892
Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /root/pma-git/phpmyadmin/libraries/common.lib.php:990)

Backtrace
./libraries/common.lib.php#2892: header(string Content-Type:
application/json)