[Phpmyadmin-devel] Help - newcomer is confused!

stephentrwilkins at aol.com stephentrwilkins at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 05:35:19 CEST 2010

I'm new to phpMyAdmin and I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to
import data to a specific database from an externally-configured SQL
database. I've tried doing this by selecting the specific (empty)
database that is already configured in phpMyAdmin for a ZenCart
internet shopping software application and then requesting an import of
data by browsing to the external database. However, when I do this, the
software creates a separate database within phpMyAdmin, rather than
importing data directly into the fields already assigned by the
original php database. I'm sure there's a simple answer!