[Phpmyadmin-devel] Help - newcomer is confused!

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Thu Jun 24 09:09:34 CEST 2010

On 24-06-10 05:35, stephentrwilkins at aol.com wrote:
> I'm new to phpMyAdmin and I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to
> import data to a specific database from an externally-configured SQL
> database. I've tried doing this by selecting the specific (empty)
> database that is already configured in phpMyAdmin for a ZenCart
> internet shopping software application and then requesting an import of
> data by browsing to the external database. However, when I do this, the
> software creates a separate database within phpMyAdmin, rather than
> importing data directly into the fields already assigned by the
> original php database. I'm sure there's a simple answer!

would be more suited for this question, as this list is intended for
development discussions.

By "browsing to the external database" do you mean that you select a
.sql file?
Than the most  likely problem is that the .sql file contains a statement
like ' Create database'.
If the zenCart software does this, then it probably defaults to a
database name which you would have to change somewhere.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions