[Phpmyadmin-devel] How to join and attach patches

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Wed Mar 3 13:43:18 CET 2010

Pavel Konnikov wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'm a third year phd-student of the Kursk State University, Russia.
> I'm interesting in some pre-ideas of GSoC 2010 for phpMyAdmin project.
> Particulary in "User interface cleanup" and "phpMyAdmin OOP".
>
> As recomended Michal Čihař, i've tryed to solve one of the tasks for
> new developers.

Welcome

> Task "Show filename of imported file", rfe:2958013,
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2958013&group_id=23067&atid=377411
>
> But i can't attach my patch to this issue. And i'm sending my path to this list.

Only the original submitter and project members van attach files to
already open tracker artifacts.
Adding an artifact to the patches tracker would probably be the best
course of action.

Here are a few quick first remarks about the patch

* you put the filename in a separate formfield, couldn't we use
$import_file for this?
* you indented some of the lines with a tab-character, please use 4
spaces as is recommended by the PEAR coding standards
<http://pear.php.net/manual/en/standards.php> (referenced from
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Devel:Coding_guidelines)

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,