[Phpmyadmin-devel] Transition to template-based framework

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Mar 12 12:18:54 CET 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:49:44 +0100
> Michael Keck <sfnet at michaelkeck.de> napsal(a):
>
>> Okay ... then we should distributed needed directories. But wat is with
>> files ... (cached/compiled templates)?
>
> Is it possible to distribute them? Generally having writable directory
> is problematic.
>
>> Same limitations as directories?  I personality think, we should add
>> documentation for setting rights on
>> the new planned _cache/ directory.
>
> Yes, we do so already for upload/save directories.

Yes but these are optional features. We took great care of disabling
these by defaut, knowing that many users have problems even with
permission setting. Most users expect a solution that works out-of-the-box.

It might be different with distros, however. I don't really know how
many users run phpMyAdmin via a distro but seeing our download rate, a
huge number install it by themselves.