[Phpmyadmin-devel] Transition to template-based framework

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Mar 12 12:41:38 CET 2010

Michael Keck a écrit :
> Okay,
>
> I see the points. Then by default caching is disabled.
> I can distribute the compiled templates, but cached templates makes no
> sense,
> because theese are genereted by the installed environment. It means the
> cached
> files includes servers, databases, language specific things etc.
> Caching would be only a feature to improve perfomance.

We'll have to see what kind of performance we get without caching.

> Compiled templates are mainly php files. Perhabs, the we don't need to
> distribute
> the template sources, only the compiled version of them is required.

This is why I asked a question, in a previous message. Templates are
done for who? The developers? Would they be beneficial also to anyone
who wants to contribute/modify the code?

What is the real goal of going to templates?

> For developers we can distribute a default template source.
> For us we should perhabs store all template sources in an etxra trunk?

I don't have experience with templating systems to offer insight about
this question.