[Phpmyadmin-devel] Project suggestion - AJAX Improvement in GUI - Google SoC

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 20 13:19:03 CET 2010

Meher Anand a écrit :
> Hi all.
>
> I came across the project idea of improving the UI of phpMyAdmin. As a user,
> I wanted a lot of improvement myself since I deal with large databases and
> the current UI slows down my work by a great deal. I have been using JQuery
> for more than a year now and I've become pretty good at it. I was wondering
> if one could use JQuery entirely for to make the front end resemble MySQL
> Query Browser, an application that I use a lot for my database work when
> there are no 3306 firewalling issues. Please do let me know if I can proceed
> with this idea for my Google SoC application.
>
> Regards.
>
> Meher Anand

Hello,
Using jQuery is the way we are going with phpMyAdmin, however I don't
think it's a good idea to replicate the interface of another product
into phpMyAdmin. There can be similarities, of course, but the interface
looks of a product is part of this product and we would not like to be
sued by Oracle...