[Phpmyadmin-devel] Introducing myself for GSoC

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Mar 22 15:51:59 CET 2010

Silvan Troxler a écrit :
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm highly interested in the GSoC project "User interface cleanup".
(...)

> Back to the project: I plan to implement a template engine into
> phpMyAdmin as a starting point. This will simiplify the further
> development of the GUI and make it much easier to work with AJAX. For
> example with the template engine Smarty I made good experience and use
> it almost everytime.

Hi,

please have a look at this list's archives; in the last weeks there were
discussions about templates.

Whatever your proposal is, it needs to specify the scope (in your twelve
weeks of 40 hours, do you intend to change *all* of phpMyAdmin with
templating); also we'll have to balance your project with other students
(to be able to merge all correctly).

P.S. the mentors really need to see what you can code in phpMyAdmin *in
advance*. From the checklist [0] "submit patches for bugs or new features".

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2010_Student_Checklist