[Phpmyadmin-devel] new branch

Michael Keck sfnet at michaelkeck.de
Mon Mar 22 20:52:00 CET 2010

Hi Marc,

Am 22.03.2010 19:42, schrieb Marc Delisle:

> > Michael,
> > however, don't you feel that you should plan this with the rest of the
> > team,

of course ... it was only a question or a suggested plan ;)
but *not* a prescribed and/or fixed plan.

> > especially now that we have many things on the plate:
> >
> > - the impending merge of gettext stuff by Michal

okay ... I guess, and I will *not* ignore this point.

> > - GSoC 2010 (AJAX, jQuery, etc)

This was the point why I asked

> > At the minimum, are there other persons in the team that want to follow
> > you *now* in this direction?

I hope ;)

> > P.S. In a previous post about MVC and Rasmus's ideas, I wrote:
> >
> > "I believe that we should take these ideas into account while discussing
> > any MVC move for phpMyAdmin."

Okay, making a template based version of phpMyAdmin is not a whole MVC but a
step closer to it. Because with template based version I've a controller (the
template engine), a view (the skin (template) files) and the current php-code
as model. Or I'm wrong?

Michael