[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2010 Charts

Martynas Mickevičius mmartynas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:08:39 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

my name is Martynas, and I am thinking about participating in GSOC 2010. I
have to say that I am happy to see PMA in the accepted projects list.

I was looking through the proposed ideas list for PMA and charts idea
really caught my interest. Charts in the server status page would be nice to
have. I have quickly glanced through the code in server_status.php. It seems
that there are just a few statistical values available from DB server that
are worth putting to the charts. Most of the values in the server status
page are approximated.

I have also came up with another idea about charts. What would you think of
plotting a result of more or less any SQL query? There have been lots of
situations when I tracked some "development" in my database and seeing a
graph/chart instead of a result table would have been much nicer.

I will also try to look through the bug tracker/feature request list to see
if there is something I could get my hands on quickly.

I have noticed that you are using git as versioning system. Is there any PMA
developer using Windows? I am using msysgit and was wondering if there are
any alternatives.

Looking forward for you comments.

Martynas