[Phpmyadmin-devel] Proposal for GSOC 2010.

Hemanth kumar hemanth147 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:16:50 CET 2010

Hi ,

I'm Hemanth,Undergrad Student of Bits-Pilani Goa campus-INDIA. I would like
to work on GSOC project USER INTERFACE CLEANUP.

Last semester i developed an intranet application using php, Mysql, I used
phpMyAdmin for it and i feel there should be some changes in the user
interface and i would like to share my suggestions for phpMyAdmin user
interface cleanup.

1. User should be able to customize the user interface of phpMyAdmin.
Example: user should able to hide unwanted Links.
   OR
   Less used links should be under one link moving cursor upon it drops down
a menu of less used links.

2. GUI should be Made simpler for Novice or There should two instances of
phpMyAdmin one for Basic users and other for Advanced Users.

Recently I worked on php, XML, MySQL and i noticed phpMyAdmin doesn't have a
feature which converts result of a SQL query to XML format which can be used
for taking backup of data.

I would like to work on the above as GSOC 2010 project.

Thanks and Regards
--
R.Hemanth Kumar
Bits-pilani Goa campus