[Phpmyadmin-devel] I want to start coding on phpMyAdmin OOP project for GSoC

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Fri Mar 26 00:17:26 CET 2010

Hi

Dne Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:40:17 +0530
Rohit Kalhans <rohit.kalhans at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Well then a few of us can collaborate on this as many are there who are
> ready to take up this project.

Every GSoC project is for single person. It would be probably
technically possible, but in case the project is not finished, none of
students would pass and the one who did his job well would not receive
well deserved bounty from Google.

> But I still have this confusion that how should our GSoc proposal look like
> for a project that we will be collaborating with others,
> say the one dealing with "cleaning up of the PMA UI".
> should we propose only our part or do we have to write the complete
> proposal. If we write only our part how would we be sure that it is
> not been done by others (or the complementary is done by someone else) esp.
> when no one has told what part of the UI cleanup will be taken up by whom?

You should propose what you are able to do during GSoC (14 weeks). There
might be later some updates for synchronizing with other projects, but
this will happen after we choose which projects to accept.