[Phpmyadmin-devel] I want to start coding on phpMyAdmin OOP project for GSoC

Rohit Kalhans rohit.kalhans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 00:39:48 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:40:17 +0530
> Rohit Kalhans <rohit.kalhans at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > Well then a few of us can collaborate on this as many are there who are
> > ready to take up this project.
>
> Every GSoC project is for single person. It would be probably
> technically possible, but in case the project is not finished, none of
> students would pass and the one who did his job well would not receive
> well deserved bounty from Google.

Well that is my point precisely. I meant that say I want to work on changing
the UI of the Database management page and will make changes in the files
related to database management and  I propose this as a GSoc Project and
someone else else also proposes the same but what i needed the other person
to propose was chaging the UI of the Table management part and all the files
associated with it.
Also how will we decide who will make changes to, or create, the common set
of files say the .JS files.

>  > But I still have this confusion that how should our GSoc proposal look
> like
> > for a project that we will be collaborating with others,
> > say the one dealing with "cleaning up of the PMA UI".
> > should we propose only our part or do we have to write the complete
> > proposal. If we write only our part how would we be sure that it is
> > not been done by others (or the complementary is done by someone else)
> esp.
> > when no one has told what part of the UI cleanup will be taken up by
> whom?
>
> You should propose what you are able to do during GSoC (14 weeks). There
> might be later some updates for synchronizing with other projects, but
> this will happen after we choose which projects to accept.
>
> --
>         Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Rohit Kalhans
homepage: http://rohit-kalhans.co.cc