[Phpmyadmin-devel] email to post to the phpadminlist

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Mar 26 20:48:07 CET 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:25:06 +0530
> lokesh kadyan <lokeshkadyan858 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> Actually, this is first time i have heard about GSOC, so i was not able to
>> do any prior preparation for it.
>> So, i am working on the already given ideas from phpMyadmin.
>> I have been reading all the rules and regulations of GSOC and very keen to
>> participate in it and  work in PHPMyadmin.
>> I have been working with C++, C and LAMP i.e. Linux Apache MYSQL PHP server
>> .
>> As, this is the first time i have participated in any open source program, i
>> have been working hard on the given php ideas for many days and will soon
>> make my report upload in a day or so. And, ya although i have not worked in
>> any open source program but i have worked in my college websites.
>
> Maybe I misinterpret your words, but the goal of GSoC is to choose one
> project and work on it during whole summer, not to spend many days
> right now on all ideas.

Adding my grain of salt to what Michal said.

What is Google Summer of Code:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs#what_is

Timeline:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/timeline

If you have been "working hard on the give php ideas for many days",
please consider this as a preparation. Now, two things may happen:

1. you send a proposal to us, are accepted, work for the project during
12 weeks while being paid by Google

2. you are not accepted but contribute to phpMyAdmin in a volunteer way,
just like the current development team is doing...