[Phpmyadmin-devel] Introducing my idea for GSoC

Цоло Цолов tsolots at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 23:36:30 CEST 2010

I am writing with hope that I will get your forgiveness for sending
this introduction as a GSoC candidate so late.
My name is Tsolo Tsolov and I'm a Bulgarian "TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF
SOFIA" student with about 3 years of experience in professional web
development.
My experience is mainly in modifying and creating plugins for CMS. In
the beginning of my PMA experience it was pretty hard for me, because
I get really confused of the great various of the interface options.
And from there came my idea:
It is about making a “lite” interface for inexperienced users. My idea
about the Lite version is to have its own folder called “lite” and to
use as much as possible the PMA source. The possibilities in this
interface will be only the basic ones that will be useful for the
beginners.
 The other idea that I have and I can attach like a patch (in early
version) is DHTML tree menu for the navigation frame. The tree menu
will have easy CSS template styling and functionality to group tables
by prefix.
Please give me your opinion about that interface, because I am really
keen on its development even if it’s not for the GSoC program.

Best regards
Tsolo Tsolov