[Phpmyadmin-devel] Passing POST variables

Rohit Kalhans rohit.kalhans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 00:26:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Ninad Pundalik <ninadsp16289 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As of now, my progress in trying to paginate the contents of a table
> is that I have successfully written a jQuery snippet which modifies
> the behaviour of the '>' and '>>' buttons to make an AJAX request.  I
> have suitably modified the output of sql.php to print only the html
> content of the table ( i.e. only the content generated by
> PMA_displayTable() ), the SQL query and the Profiling Result.
>

> However, I am right now facing issues in appending the HTML returned
> in the AJAX query. The moment I append the output to the DOM, the right

frame (frame_content) goes completely blank, and Firefox gets stuck in a

Thats because a JavaScript function you called somewhere is going in an
infinite loop ( or may be object it is dealing with is not found, like a div
tag referenced by its id). I guess its the CDATA JavaScript being sent in
the response line no 3. You cannot execute the JavaScript returned in a
response without using the eval function. I would suggest you use JSON as
the response form for that purpose.

>  Could someone please tell me where I am going
> wrong?
>
> For reference, I've pasted the output of sql.php here:
> http://pastebin.org/126332
>
> Ninad S. Pundalik
> Twitter: @ni_nad | Identica : @ninad | http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
> GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69

Rohit Kalhans
homepage: http://rohit-kalhans.co.cc
BLOG: http://13lackburn.blogspot.com