[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2010 Charts

Martynas Mickevičius mmartynas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:10:15 CEST 2010

On 29 March 2010 16:27, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Dne Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:04:54 +0100
> Martynas Mickevičius <mmartynas at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > I am not able to figure out how to use bookmarks feature in PMA. I have
> > noticed a table in phpmyadmin DB for that. So I looked all over the place
> of
> > SQL query results, but could not find bookmark button.
>
> Bellow SQL edit textarea you can enter name of query to bookmark it.
>
> > Another reporting feature, which could be improved is PDF reports. I
> would
> > imagine that adding just a simple font size input box would render this
> > feature far more usable.
>
> Adding more choices does not always improve usability. In fact it
> usually works exactly opposite way.
>
> Slightly off topic, but good reasoning for actually giving less choices:
>
> http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html
>
> > P.S. Just noticed that the PMA translation of my mother tongue,
> Lithuanian,
> > has not had any input for some time now. Another project to commit for
> > translation.
>
> You can also translate online: https://l10n.cihar.com/
>
> --

I have written my proposal according to the discussion we had in this
thread. If you want to check it out, you can find it here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AcmR3UsXFvy-ZHJ3aG1tc18zZzVodmtuZHM&hl=en

where you can comment any points worth doing that. If the editable version
gets corrupted very much you can always find PDF version here:

http://www.2m.lt/files/GSoC_2010_phpMyAdmin.pdf

I would greatly appreciate any comments. However I will be unable to respond
until the end of this week since I will be out for the Easter break.