[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC - working with Git

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon May 10 00:15:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to determine the proper way to work with Git before I break my
local repository or overly complicate something simple. As I
understand, the development of projects is to take place in our own
repositories, preferably push mode repositories made here -
http://repo.or.cz/regproj.cgi?fork=phpmyadmin.git .

Currently I have a copy of
ssh://crackpl@phpmyadmin.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin
and if possible, I would like to configure it so that I will not have
to pull ~150 MB over my ADSL again. After looking at the Wiki, I came
up with these commands:

1. git remote add my-repo git://repo.or.cz/phpmyadmin/my-gsoc-fork.git
2. git remote update my-repo
3. git checkout my-repo/master

3. working on my code
4. commit
5. push (pushes to my repository)

Now, to merge main branch with my code I need to update it:
6. git checkout origin/master
7. git pull
Switch to mine branch and merge:
8. git checkout my-repo/master