[Phpmyadmin-devel] Main page reorganization

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue May 18 12:03:10 CEST 2010

Hi

Dne Fri, 14 May 2010 18:55:06 -0400
Lori Lee <leelorik at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> Regarding the log out button, I removed it because there is already one in
> the sidebar and I didn't see what advantage there was to also having it on
> this page.

I also don't think it's needed here.

But I'm also curious if creating new database really should be here. I
don't think it's so frequent operation.

> I have two updated screenshots:
>
> http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/main_page_no_icons.png This one
> is basically the same as the previous one but also includes the list of
> servers, if there are more than one.
>
> http://lorilee1.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/main_page_icons.png This one is
> the same as above but still has the old icons on the left hand side. I also
> added two icons for Background color and Font size (I just found them on
> Google Images but they will probably have to be remade if we decide to use
> them). I think it looks odd, though, that Name does not have an icon and I
> can't think of an appropriate one.
>
> I placed Change password in the settings because that is where it is
> typically found in applications.
>
> Whichever tab is most often used would make the most sense to have as the
> default page. I am guessing this is the Databases tab but I may be wrong.

I think some summary page like we have right now would be best default.
There are wide range of users and each will definitely want something
different.