[Phpmyadmin-devel] "Quick Export/Import"

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu May 27 13:16:27 CEST 2010

Lori Lee a écrit :
> Regarding the new Export design, Marc noted that some users might want
> to “just do a backup” where all options that can be hidden, are hidden.
> The backup would contain all possible features for structure and data.
> Would these settings be okay:
>
> General options:
> =======================
> - databases/tables: select all
> - output: save as file
>     - save on server: true

Maybe these users would like to have the choice of the saving place,
each time.

>     - overwrite existing file(s): user must choose
>     - file name template: whatever value is already there
>     - remember template: true
>     - character set of the file: whatever the default is
>     - compression: none
>
> SQL options:
> ========================
> - display comments: true
>     - additional custom header comment: blank

You could add here something that denotes that a "quick backup" mode was
used.

>     - creation/Update/Check dates: true
>     - relations: true
>     - MIME type: true
>
> - enclose export in a transaction: false
> - disable foreign key checks: false
> - maximize compatibility with: whatever the default is
> - add DROP DATABASE statement: false
> - dump: structure and data
>
> Structure options:
> - Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT: false
> - Add IF NOT EXISTS: true
> - Add AUTO_INCREMENT value: true
> - Enclose table and field names with backquotes: true
> - Add CREATE PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT: false

I suggest to set this one to "true" to avoid losing these. Hmmm, now I
wonder why this one is set to false by default.

> Data options:
> - delayed inserts: false
> - ignore inserts: false
> - complete and/or extended inserts: both
> - Use hexadecimal for BLOB: true
> - Export time in UTC: true
> - Maximal length of created query: whatever the default is
> - Export type: INSERT

The rest looks ok to me.