[Phpmyadmin-devel] Ajaxify phpMyAdmin - List of tasks to complete

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri May 28 18:49:55 CEST 2010

Ninad Pundalik a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> As I mentioned in my weekly report for GSoC for the last week [0],
> I've created a list [1] of major and minor tasks/actions that need to
> be Ajaxified over the summer.  This list is a refinement over what
> I've specified in my project proposal.  If I've missed some tasks,
> please edit the pastebin so that I don't miss out on completing
> important stuff.
>
> Also, I've created a list of JavaScript functions (from
> js/functions.js and js/common.js) that I feel I can refactor without
> causing any major bugs in the same pastebin.  Please do check it as
> well.

Ninad,
your list is interesting and covers a lot of actions. I am not sure
about your intention for some actions. For example, the "copy database"
action; what's your plan? Will the user see a progress bar for the whole
operation? and/or see a display of the current table name being copied?

Also, reading carefully the project schedule, I became aware that you
are targetting server_privileges.php. As this page is used by less users
than the Search page, would it be possible to ajaxify the table Search
page instead? A behavior that annoys me (and surely others) is that the
search results are presented in a different page than the search
interface and I dream of being able to refine the search criteria and
see both the criteria section and the results.