[Phpmyadmin-devel] Maintaining non-js compatibility?

Thijs Kinkhorst thijs at debian.org
Sun May 30 16:46:09 CEST 2010

Hi Marc,

On snein 30 Maaie 2010, Marc Delisle wrote:
> I'm posting this to both lists to get developers and users feedback.
>
> In the phpMyAdmin 3.4 series, is it worth maintaining compatibility with
> non-js-enabled browsers?

I don't think it's necessary to keep feature-by-feature compatibility with
non-js-enabled browsers. However, I do think it would be very useful if
functionality that only works with JavaScript on is limited to "extras", and
that all the basic operations (login, browse databases, table structures and
data, insert update and delete data, user management) is still possible
without JavaScript.

I can imagine JavaScript being used for extra features that make working with
pMA more convenient or that add more peripheral functionality. Some examples
would be form validation, a colour picker, but there's probably more.

Cheers,
Thijs