[Phpmyadmin-devel] Keeping older releases to download

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri Sep 10 12:34:32 CEST 2010

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> our current policy was to delete old releases from sf.net once newer
> release is available. I find this not so good idea, for following
> reasons:
>
> - people might be interested in looking at older releases without using
>   vcs
> - distributions ship some older releases and it is good if users can
>   verify that they ship intact tarball as we've distributed it
> - most free software projects simply keep all their released files
>   around
>
> Are there  any objections against keeping all what we've released?

When you say "all" I hope you're not talking about non-final releases?

It's OK for me (for final releases).

I was the one who deleted older releases, mostly to avoid offering kits
with security problems, and to have a cleaner download page. With about
ten releases per year I feared the page would become cluttered over time.

What about deleted kits? I don't have the time to recreate all these.