[Phpmyadmin-devel] PBXT table type

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 12:21:48 CEST 2010

Hi Isaac,

2010/9/12 Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com>:
> Does anyone have the PBXT engine installed? I was unable to get it
> working on my system to test this -- an IRC user reports:
> "Attempting to drop columns on a table using PBXT fails with "#1598 -
> Binary logging not possible. Message: Statement-based format required
> for this statement, but not allowed by this combination of engines"
>
> I can't determine if this is user error or really represents a problem
> as neither I nor the demo server have PBXT available. Any thoughts?

I don't have the PBXT Engine installed, but according to what I've
read it should be easy to install the plugin on a MySQL 5.1 server :
[0]

You can find the compiled binaries here [1], or if it was not compiled
for your setup (OS/MySQL), you can compile it yourself : [2]

[0] : http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/pbxt-storage-engine.html
, scroll down to 'Plugged in and Ready to go'
[1] : http://www.primebase.com/xt/download/pbxt-0.9.8-plugins.tar.gz
[2] : http://www.primebase.org/download/index.php

Greets,

Dieter