[Phpmyadmin-devel] [phpMyAdmin] Need some guidance

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Apr 9 09:20:17 CEST 2011

Le 2011-04-09 01:12, Rakesh Kumar a écrit :
> Hi,
>     I have already submitted my proposal on OOP implementation of phpMyAdmin
> and this is my first time when i am getting involved in phpMyAdmin. While
> browsing i found that you accept only those candidates who already have
> contributed in this before. I saw on
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Applicant_Guide#Get_involved_with_phpMyAdminthat
> you have asked to submit few fixed bugs or improvement before 20th of
> April. I wanted you to please guide me that whether these fixes should be
> related to the project i am gonna involved or can be anything?

They don't need to be related to your project.

> Second thing is what is the meaning of "Task for junior developer" whether
> these works are also included in GSoC? Should anybody do something as a
> junior developer to show that he/she is prepared to join GSoC?

Doing a task for junior developer is better that doing nothing. Fixing
two bugs is better than just fixing one (unless this one is complex).
Some applicants have proposed fixes for many bugs or proposed new small
features.

Our wiki mentions that the deadline to show us your involvement is April
20:

http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Applicant_Guide#Get_involved_with_phpMyAdmin