[Phpmyadmin-devel] [Drizzle] Charset and Collation issue

Azhari Harahap azhari at harahap.us
Wed Apr 13 13:08:01 CEST 2011

Hi

On Apr 11, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Michal Čihař wrote:

>> As i tested on Drizzle7 2011.03.13, we can look at supported charset
>> by query:
>> SELECT * from DATA_DICTIONARY.CHARACTER_SETS; As replacement of SHOW
>> CHARACTER SET; on MySQL
>
> But it should report only utf-8 right?

Yes, currently only utf8 supported, but this value may/sure be
increased on the future.

>> And for the collation:
>> SELECT * from DATA_DICTIONARY.COLLATIONS; As replacement of SHOW
>> COLLATION; on MySQL
>
> This should be already used in master.

Yes, i've just check it out :)

>> At least, now phpMyAdmin can show correct charset and collation on
>> the
>> Charsets menu.
>> I already send patch for this issue [1]
>
> You seem to be late, Piotr sent patch earlier and is was already
> merged.

Yes, kinda late, i just realize it after create the patch report on
the tracker, but i already close it and mark as duplicate.

>> But, i got another issue, for example when submit Create table form,
>> it thrown error "CHARACTER SET" because it's removed on Drizzle [1],
>> but "COLLATE" seems to be supported [2]
>
> Yes, there are definitely more such differences, that's why there is
> GSoC project for this :-). If it would take just few hours to fix, it
> would be already done.

Thanks for the hint :)

Btw, i've send another patches to list table structure on Drizzle by
change the "SHOW FULL FIELDS" to "SHOW COLUMNS" [0], there is some
limitation because some value is missing, like collation and key, but
at least now PMA can list table structure correctly.

[0] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3283624&group_id=23067&atid=377410

Regards
Azhari Harahap
http://azhari.harahap.us