[Phpmyadmin-devel] Making database operations tab more compact

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 05:36:22 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-04-23 14:54, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Currently the database operations tab is organized in such a way that all
> > the operations can't be seen in one screen and vertical scrollbars are
> added
> > to the page due to this. I suggest we organize the database operations
> tab
> > in a similar way to table operations tab, where the operations are listed
> in
> > two columns. What do you all think?
>
> I agree that the current way is not compact enough and we should use
> divs to enclose the blocks.
>
> As a side note: people with a wide screen (not me) may not like the
> current disposition of table operations either, which is "forced" in two
> columns by enclosing each block in a div, making it float to the left,
> setting a min-width of 48% and using "clear: both" to force a block to
> go to the left side.

I am using a wide screen and I'm not sure I follow you when you talk about
the disposition.
Actually I used the same styles used in table operations (float: left,
min-width: 48%, and clear: both when necessary), so the patch too might be
prone to the problems you described.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne