[Phpmyadmin-devel] outdated md5 bug -- versions 3.3.0 - 3.3.3
bennetch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:04:51 CEST 2011
On 4/28/2011 2:01 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Isaac Bennetch a écrit :
>> An IRC user reported some strange behavior with the MD5 function under
>> the version 3.3.2 shipped with Ubuntu.
>> For instance, select md5('blah') is returning
>> 3666316564303032616235353935383539303134656266303935313532326439 instead
>> of 6f1ed002ab5595859014ebf0951522d9. I also tested a few other strings,
>> which aren't worth copying and pasting here other than to say they are
>> also incorrect.
>> I did some work with git and found it affects the officially distributed
>> versions 3.3.0, 3.3.1, and 3.3.2 (and was then fixed for 3.3.3).
>> Since it's been fixed for several releases, I don't think anything needs
>> to be done about it, but I haven't seen any bug reports or commit
>> messages about it and thought it should be mentioned.
> this is mentionned in the ChangeLog for 3.3.3:
> - bug #2974067 [display] non-binary fields shown as hex
> This bug had many ramifications.
Oh, okay -- I completely missed that it might be related. Thanks Marc!
More information about the Developers