[Phpmyadmin-devel] Grid editing

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 07:02:23 CEST 2011

> From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>

> remove

> Still waiting for input from other developers...

It seems there is no objection about this. Instead, positive feedback from other phpMyAdmin developers.

>>>  It's a good progress but the fix is not complete.
>>>
>>>  About remark 4.2, the Delete link still refers to the old unique
>>>  key.
>>
>>  It's weird, since this works in my test. Could you please check this
>>  again?
>
> The real problem is that the confirmation message shown before deletion
> still contains the old key. Deletion itself works but I had stopped to
> test after seeing the wrong confirmation message.

Fixed

>>>  About multi-row actions, here is a scenario: - open sakila.actor -
>>>  use the checkbox on two rows - in the "With selected", click
>>>  Export - it works: you are seeing these keys in the generated
>>>  query

>>>  unique key and save - use the checkbox on two rows, including the
>>>  one you just grid-edited - in the "With selected", click
> Export -
>>>  problem: incorrect generated query for the grid-edited row
>>
>>  Yap. It still generates wrong export. I'll fix this.
>>

>>>  About remark 4.3, the Edit link still points to the old data and
>>>  fails, in the case of a table lacking a unique key.
>>>

>>  Same as the response for 4.2, this works on my test. Could you check
>>  this again?
>
> I confirm the problem, on a copy of the sakila.actor table where I have
> removed all indexes. I think it's because the last_update column (a
> timestamp) was updated via grid-editing but the URL still contains the
> previous value.

Fixed.

> 5. Just found out another problem, when the configuration AjaxEnable is
> set to false.
>
> Trying your version with latest commit
> 0d197603085c43cac543351795b3df6de4167b96 with Firefox 5 on sakila.actor,
> I cannot change the actor_id then click "Save edited data". Look what
> is
> generated:
>
> UPDATE `sakila`.`actor` SET = '4002' WHERE `actor2`.`actor_id` =2

Regarding the AjaxEnable setting, should the grid editing works when AjaxEnable is set to off?

All the fixes were pushed to my git repo and available in the demo server:
http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-aris

--
Aris Feryanto