[Phpmyadmin-devel] advisory rules and translation

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:49:56 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
> Tyron,
> the messages in the rules are not translatable using our standard
> gettext mechanism?

Yes, that is an issue that I still have to solve. I'd love to keep the
rules file independent from the translation mechanism by adding some
compile/transform mechanism for pma releases.

But if that is not possible I guess I will have to rename
advisory_rules.txt to a php file, surround all text strings with __('
'); and hope it works as well.

I'd prefer to have the syntax of advsiory_rules.txt as simple as
possible so other users can easily add new rules without the knowledge
of php.

What do you think would be the best choice what to do?