[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Operations -> table options

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Aug 10 12:47:42 CEST 2011

Le 2011-08-09 21:23, Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
>>> Hi Marc,
>>>
>>>      >    2. For "*Table options*"  if I add the ajax behavior to submit
>> the
>>>      >       form without reloading the page I may need to replace all
>> the
>>>      >       table parameters which are currently embedded with the
>> "*href*"
>>>      >       attributes in the whole page. As an example it I change the
>>>     table
>>>      >       name from "actor" to "actor1" using "*Table options*" I may
>>>     need
>>>      >       to change the "*href*" of all four links in "*Table
>>>     maintenance*"
>>>      >       and "*Delete data or table*" to actor1 by using ajax. Is it
>>>     okay
>>>      >       to do that.
>>>
>>>     Yes.
>>>

>>> I tried to work with this feature. I faces following problems with that.
>>>
>>>    1. Currently the logic is handled under the "*if
>>>       (isset($_REQUEST['submitoptions']))*" section in
>>>       tbl_operations.php file. If I apply the ajax submission which
>>>       submits the form without reloading the page, to this form I need
>>>       to get the whole form as the response for the submission and
>>>       replace it with the current form, because we don't know what
>>>       values get changed. For getting the form as a response I need to
>>>       get the html content of the updated "*Table operations*", so it
>>>       will not be a small json response like in other cases (ex: in
>>>       "Alter table oder by" ajax submission it retrieves a small json
>>>       response with the message). So it will be costly for the operation.
>>>    2. Then if we used this form to rename the table (ex: "actor" to
>>>       "actor1") we need to change each an every place where we use the
>>>       actor name such as links in Top menu container, hidden fields in
>>>       all the form within this page which carries the table name
>>>       (ex: <input type="hidden" name="table" value="actor">. If not we
>>>       have to replace whole page with the update page using ajax, but
>>>       this is costly.
>>>
>>> So I think it is better to leave this option with the normal form
>>> submission without converting it to ajax submission. What is your idea
>>> on that.
>>
>> Ok for me. What do you plan to convert to Ajax instead of this?
>>

> I can work with the ajaxifying Table -> Insert -> insert row. Currently
> after each insertion, the page reloads to the "SQL" tab. Is it necessary. We
> can modify it to insert and wait within the insert tab without redirecting
> to the "SQL" tab. Please let me know your ideas on this.

I'm not sure we should ajaxify this right now. The reason is that if
this means that the insert panel will be reduced (like what is done for
create table), it could diminish usability.

We already have to deal with the problems caused by the reduced Create
table panel, so let's not add a reduced panel for Insert.

> If you find any other important feature to work other than this, please let
> me know.

Something useful would be to convert older code to jQuery, like
libraries/js/querywindow.js.