[Phpmyadmin-devel] column reorder potential problem

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Thu Aug 11 13:55:42 CEST 2011

Aris Feryanto a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> From: Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com>
>
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>>>  From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
>>>  Aris,
>>>
>>>  please have a look at [0]. It's interesting to see your code being
>>>  tested by many users at such an earlier stage.
>>>
>>>  [0]
>>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377408&aid=3386436&group_id=23067
>> Thanks for noticing this. I just looked at the bug report:
>>
>> Details: The column reorder-patch breaks or complicates the selection the text
>> of a column in FF5, especially for (smaller) id columns.
>>

>> In my test, I cannot reproduce this after reordering some columns. The bug only
>> happen after shift+click to select some rows in a table. This is a known
>> disadvantage of enabling shift+click (I've stated this in when we were
>> discussing to enable shift+click feature). Should we change it?
>>
>> Another way to keep the shift+click feature and text-selection work together:
>> use javascript to clear selection after shift+click, but it makes the screen
>> flickering for a while. You may try this in "clear_selection" branch
>> in my git.
>>

> Any comment on the text selection problem?

Aris,
I cannot reproduce this problem. By the way, I believe that what Sven
Strickroth means is not that to reproduce the problem, you have to
reorder the columns. He means that since this patch has been merged, he
has this problem.

You might want to clarify this with him, in the bug tracker.

Also, ask him if he has FF extensions other than Firebug, and what is
his workstation platform.