[Phpmyadmin-devel] column reorder potential problem

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:42:21 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

> From: Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>

> Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>>  Hi,
>>
>>>  From: Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com>
>>
>>>  Hi Marc,

> being

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377408&aid=3386436&group_id=23067
>>>  Thanks for noticing this. I just looked at the bug report:
>>>
>>>  Details: The column reorder-patch breaks or complicates the selection
> the text
>>>  of a column in FF5, especially for (smaller) id columns.
>>>

>>>  In my test, I cannot reproduce this after reordering some columns. The
> bug only
>>>  happen after shift+click to select some rows in a table. This is a
> known
>>>  disadvantage of enabling shift+click (I've stated this in when we
> were
>>>  discussing to enable shift+click feature). Should we change it?
>>>
>>>  Another way to keep the shift+click feature and text-selection work
> together:
>>>  use javascript to clear selection after shift+click, but it makes the
> screen
>>>  flickering for a while. You may try this in "clear_selection"
> branch
>>>  in my git.
>>>

>>  Any comment on the text selection problem?
>
> Aris,
> I cannot reproduce this problem. By the way, I believe that what Sven
> Strickroth means is not that to reproduce the problem, you have to
> reorder the columns. He means that since this patch has been merged, he
> has this problem.
>
> You might want to clarify this with him, in the bug tracker.

Yes, you are right. I just want to know exactly if he had the same issue like the one that I found.

Here is my scenario to reproduce the text selection problem:
- browse a table
- make a selection in some text inside the table interface and notice that the text can be selected
- click on one of the checkboxes in the table rows
- now, try to make a text selection again and notice that the text cannot be selected anymore

--
Aris Feryanto