[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Table->Operations -> table options

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Aug 15 18:36:56 CEST 2011

Thilanka Kaushalya a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>

>     I'm not sure we should ajaxify this right now. The reason is that if
>     this means that the insert panel will be reduced (like what is done for
>     create table), it could diminish usability.
>
>     We already have to deal with the problems caused by the reduced Create
>     table panel, so let's not add a reduced panel for Insert.
>      >
>      > If you find any other important feature to work other than this,
>     please let
>      > me know.
>
>     Something useful would be to convert older code to jQuery, like
>     libraries/js/querywindow.js.
>

> I started rewrite the four functions in querywindow.js file. But I have
> the issue with that.
>
>    1. I rewrote the "*PMA_querywindowCommit()*" and
>       "*PMA_querywindowSetFocus()*" functions and since those functions
>       are triggered when clicking on "*SQL*" tab I can check the
>       accuracy of the modifications. But I cannot find a scenario where
>       I can check "*PMA_queryAutoCommit()*" and
>       "*PMA_querywindowResize()*" functions. Please can you explain me a
>       scenario where these two functions are use.

Thilanka,
If I understand the code in querywindow.php correctly: in the query
window, when you display the SQL history and click on a query to execute
it, PMA_queryAutoCommit() is triggered. However in my tests I could not
discover how to execute this code, so if you don't find a working
scenario, please do not rewrite this one.

For PMA_querywindowResize(), this code is triggered when the query
window is displayed or resized.