[Phpmyadmin-devel] Prototype of new navigation

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 17:29:46 CEST 2011

On 20 Agu 2011, at 22:33, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 09:49 -0400, Marc Delisle wrote:
>> Rouslan Placella a écrit :
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I've been working on a rewrite of the navigation frame and I've pushed a
>>> prototype to my remote repo and it's available for preview on my demo
>>> server [1]. It's still quite far from being finished, there are several
>>> unimplemented features and bugs, but you will get a general idea.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate if you take the time to have a look at it and give me
>>> some feedback regarding this. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Rouslan
>>>
>>> [1]: http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-rouslan/
>>
>> Rouslan,
>> impressive! I'm trying to run it on my machine but I cannot find this
>> code in git://repo.or.cz/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git.
>
> The code is in the 'rte' branch [1], but please keep in mind that it's
> far from being ready, as I was rushing the development because I wanted
> to have something almost-usable for the GSoC deadline. In fact, it needs
> a lot of refactoring, cleaning, commenting, optimising, the addition of
> missing features and some bugfixes.
>
> [1]: http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git/shortlog/refs/heads/rte
>
>> Suggestions:
>> - show which db is active (because you may open more than one)
> Noted, thanks.
>
>> - the tree should not close after a table copy from Operations
> Yeah, I need something better than refreshing the whole navigation upon
> operations such as "new db", "new table", "copy", "rename", etc....

The new navigation looks great!

Just an opinion. When expanding a database node, I found that it is easier if we can see the list of tables and views directly under the database node (in the same level with Functions, Triggers, etc.), so we don't need one more ajax request (either by clicking on "Tables" node or automatically expanded when only "Tables" node exist under the databse). Anyone have the same thought?

--
Aris Feryanto