[Phpmyadmin-devel] Prototype of new navigation

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Mon Aug 22 11:23:05 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 09:26 +0200, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi Rouslan
>
> Dne Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:16:50 +0100
> Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> napsal(a):
>
> > I've been working on a rewrite of the navigation frame and I've pushed a
> > prototype to my remote repo and it's available for preview on my demo
> > server [1]. It's still quite far from being finished, there are several
> > unimplemented features and bugs, but you will get a general idea.
> >
> > I would appreciate if you take the time to have a look at it and give me
> > some feedback regarding this. Thanks.
>
> I think it looks great.
>
> Few comments:
>
> - I'd expect "Tables", "Procedures", "Colums" etc. to be links to
>   appropriate page in right frame (db_structure, db_routines,
>   tbl_structure in these particular cases).

OK, I'll add those

> - As already Tyron said, I thing dotted lines are not needed.

I personally find them to be useful, but sure they can be removed.

> - When there are more than one servers configured, servers might be
>   included in the tree as well.

Putting servers in the navigation tree would only work seamlessly for
"config" auth, for "cookie" and "http" auths the user would be dropped
back to the login page. That's why I didn't put them there. And besides
I think that it would be quite a bit of extra work to put the servers in
the tree, would you say that it could be worth the effort?

Rouslan