[Phpmyadmin-devel] Ajaxify PhpMyAdmin

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:28:33 CET 2011

Hi Shaumik,

I think the following document also help you to have a good idea on gsoc
with PMA.

   - [0] - The application guide for Gsoc applicants in 2011. Even though
   this is for 2011, most of ideas will be carried forward to 2012 as well.

  [0] - http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2011_Applicant_Guide

Regards,
Thilanka.

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Shaumik Daityari <sdaityari at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am undergrad student at IIT Roorkee, India and I am very interested to
> contribute towards the ajaxification of PhpMyAdmin. It caught my attention
> when I was browsing through the past GSoC projects and it seems there is a
> lot left to be done in this area.
>
> I have been using PHP and MySQL in the past and I am very comfortable with
> AJAX and jQuery as well.
>
> I found the following related resources and i am going through them right
> now:
> [1] PmaWiki for Developers:
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Development#Developer_documentation
> [2] GIT: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Git
> [3] jQuery: http://api.jquery.com/
>  <http://api.jquery.com/>
> I intend to pick a task very soon from
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/AJAXify_Interface after I have gone
> through enough documentations.
>  <http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/AJAXify_Interface>
> In addition to these, I would also like to know what additional resources
> I need to go through to bootstrap fast. Any advice for getting a headstart
> would be very welcome.
>

> Thank You,
>
> --
> Shaumik Daityari,
> Integrated M. Tech. (2nd year),
> Geological Technology,
> Department of Earth Sciences,
> Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
> Uttarakhand

L G Thilanka Kaushalya
Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,