[Phpmyadmin-devel] Commit notifications

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 11:17:37 CET 2011

2011/2/11 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi all
>
> It looks like commit notifications is something sourceforge does not
> like:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/17347

Hi Michal,

I saw your blogpost [0] about this. I agree that having to provide an
E-mail sending script to an external website, would potentially cause
a lot of security breaches, or vehicles for sending spam.
I like the E-mail notifications of the commits, it keeps me informed
of new commits and what's being commited, and I'm sure other
developers like this too. So I also would like to see it re-enabled
one way or the other, be it by an external script, SF.net allowing
sending E-mails from the gitserver again, or even hosting the
repository on another server.

But I think that this last option should be a last resort. SF.net
provides a lot of tools for managing a project, so having to set it up
on our own, or transferring everything to another provider would take
quite some work and effort.

[0] http://blog.cihar.com/archives/2011/02/11/tightening-too-much/

Kind regards,

Dieter