[Phpmyadmin-devel] Documentation question and AjaxEnable's default value

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:09:09 CET 2011

Hi,

I was working on a few things with the wiki today and came across two
questions:

In Documentation.html, the placement/order where AjaxEnable and
VersionCheck were placed seem off -- I would prefer to have it above
MaxDbList. That way, MaxDbList and MaxTableList are grouped together and
continue on to MaxCharactersInDisplayedSQL...keeping that series of Max
values together. If you look at the wiki
(http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Config#Other_core_phpMyAdmin_settings)
you'll better see what I prefer. Is it okay to make that change in
Documentation.html as well?

Secondly, in ./libraries/config.default.php the default value of
$cfg['VersionCheck'] is VERSION_CHECK_DEFAULT (which in turn is defined
to be true). I'm not sure how to document that in the wiki...should we
state that the default value is true, which is mostly true anyway, or is
it better to be verbose about explaining the default value?

Regards
~isaac