[Phpmyadmin-devel] Theme contest

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:25:01 CET 2011

2011/2/14 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
> Hi
>
> Dne Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:37:32 -0500
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Piotr Przybylski a écrit :
>>
>> > Is it possible to add some field for comments? Personally, I will
>> > probably vote for pmahomme, but on some conditions: reducing headers
>> > and some margins, making warnings and success message to be less
>> > intensive.
>> >

>> This brings another question: do we vote on the "potential" of a theme
>> or for the theme as it was when the contest closed (yesterday)?
>
> Depends how you define potential :-).
>
> The theme will evolve slightly after inclusion (eg. testing in some
> browser will show some bugs). So if potential = current look - bugs,
> then I'd definitely say yes.
>
> I'm not sure about some bigger changes to theme look as it would make
> it virtually different theme. It might be better for some users, but it
> might as well be worse for some...

I was thinking about some minor tweaking. Examples of changes that are
not minor but, in my opinion, would make some themes better are:
* pmahomme
- header sizes (h2) would look better with 1.2-1.4 em and bold ->
would take less space while making them stand out enough
- reduce paddings a bit in various places (page tabs, tables) to make
it more compact. Currently it may look good on large screens (1200 in
height and higher), but on my 1600x900 I would like to see more data
on screen: in default theme I can display 35 data rows, in pmahomme
only 17 fit on the screen
* toba
- change black lines around data cells to something lighter, currently
data in tables is difficult to read

--
Piotr Przybylski