[Phpmyadmin-devel] Testing request: Ajax features

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:42:14 CET 2011

On 2/19/2011 8:04 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Hi,
> there have been changes this week about HTTP headers handling for Ajax,
> in particular due to bug [0]. I have just pushed commit
> 67339bab2aa1cc20b0ba0d55d7d6b5feb538607d as an attempt to rectify the
> remaining problems but I have doubts.
>
> I would like testers for Ajax features in current master.
>
> For a list of things to test, look at [1] (however this list has not
> been updated to indicate what has been implemented).
>
> [0]
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3183548&group_id=23067&atid=377408
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/AJAXify_Interface#Actions_to_be_Ajaxified_on_different_pages

1 - Not directly related, but when adding a new user the dialog box is
movable, is resizable, and has a scrollbar. When editing a user, it's a
different type of dialog and isn't movable or directly scrollable. To
scroll in that window, one must use the regular window's scrollbar to
the far right. I prefer the first method, but either way they (and all
of our dialogs, I think) should match in style.

2 - When running an SQL query (from the main page, SQL tab), the query
seems to run successfully but a new query window appears briefly, then
is hidden and replaced with "Show query box" -- when it's shown, the
same content is now shown in two different query boxes.

3 - Perhaps related to (2), there's a "Hide query box" link on the SQL
tab which can be clicked...and then the page is essentially blank other
than the navigation tabs and "Show query box" (which sits too close to
the navigation bar anyway). I'm not sure what this link is for and it
seems weird to allow hiding of the only thing shown on a page.

4 - When running an SQL query from the SQL tab, the drop down notice
says "Loading..." for quite a while, then disappears; it never says
"Finished" or "Query run successfully" or "query run in 0.4352 seconds"
or anything like that. I'd prefer to see notification that it's finished
it's work, like in the add user dialog.

That's all I've had time to see so far. Which shall I file bug reports
about?