[Phpmyadmin-devel] Drizzle connect with phpmyadmin

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Feb 21 09:18:39 CET 2011

Hi

Dne Mon, 21 Feb 2011 05:16:55 +0530
AAMIR KHAN <ak4u2009 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> I was trying to connect phpmyadmin with drizzle. It says error in SQL Query
> : SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8'...
> I tried running it in drizzle and same error appears there. How can i
> disable the charsets/collations that we do on connect ?

The only phpMyAdmin version which can connect to Drizzle is 3.4. And by
saying can connect I mean that's all what was tested and there are lot
of other things which are broken. See my mail on this list from last
October for more details:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.phpmyadmin.devel/7602

> And is there any specific reason for why drizzle does not support utf8 while
> mysql does ?

Drizzle does not support many of MySQL features. It was made to be much
simpler.