[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in Two Projects for GSOC 2011

HasithaAb habeykoon.uom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:28:01 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

I looked into jQuery UI and jQuery platform which was available from
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/
http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/
It is actually a nice bundle of controls for web interfaces. There are many
options to be played around with jQuery UI. As a start, I followed the
following tutorial to build a GUI from which auto completes data as we type
from the MySQL database.

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/how-to-use-the-jquery-ui-autocomplete-widget/
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/how-to-use-the-jquery-ui-autocomplete-widget/

Now I’m learning how to customize the standard controls available in jQuery
UI and use it in the way I desire. I think if these controls were available
on phpMyAdmin interface, I honestly think it would be a great way of
attracting end users.

I would like to get a high level overview on how controls are bound to the
code of PhpMyAdmin. I also learnt GIT  and downloaded the code from
SourceForge.

Hasitha Abeykoon,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka