[Phpmyadmin-devel] Adding config file to test directory and status of testing.

Kasun Lakpriya kasun.lakpriya86 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 19:14:02 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Herman van Rink <rink at initfour.nl> wrote:

> On 20-02-11 18:57, Kasun Lakpriya wrote:
> > Hi Herman,
> >
> > I got to ask a small question it's about git. As you mentioned in the
> > tracker I added test/config.sample.inc.php. Then from the morning I
> > tried to get a patch including it. But, git diff, not containing it
> > like in svn diff.
> >
> > I am not that much familiar with git yet. Can you help me to solve
> > this first?
>
> The way would be to:
> git add <file>
> git diff --cached  # to get a diff view
> git commit
> git format-patch origin/master
>
> Thank you, Herman. It worked.

> For more hints see: http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Git
>

> > *Testing Status*
> > - All the selenium tests are passing now.
> > - I figured out some thing like this about chdir()'ing issue,
> >
> > If we run the tests from AllTests.php it's running correctly and the
> > problem coming when we need to run one test at a time. I don't know
> > this is something purposely implemented?
>
> There might have been a reason for this, I'm not really sure.
> I would like however to be able to run tests separately when developing
> them.

Yes. I will try.

> So if we could abstract away the differences between wui.php, running
> phpunit <test> and any other useful approach cleanly I would be all for it.

I don't know how to run this wui.php. In the wiki it says that to open it in
a browser but nothing happen when I did that. Please correct me if I am
doing something wrong.

Few ideas I have in my mind about testing.

Testing module

|__core-code testing
|    |_PHPUnit tests *

|__Interface testing
    |_selenium/other interface testing scripts **
    |_converted PHP tests from above ***

*   - contains all the core function tests for code.
**  - Here we can have scripts and run them as appropriate in the browser
itself.
*** - Here we can have PHP tests so that we can test as PHPUnit tests.
       Another thing is, here we can have some grouped tests like, for
example, AllAjaxifiedInterfaceTests.php, so that we can run this   test
suite to test once Java-script enabled and once disabled. Like wise we can
group any possible scenarios.

These are few ideas I have, please correct me and add all of your comments
if I am wrong.

> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,
>
> Herman van Rink