[Phpmyadmin-devel] Adding config file to test directory and status of testing.

Herman van Rink rink at initfour.nl
Thu Feb 24 22:47:11 CET 2011

On 23-02-11 19:14, Kasun Lakpriya wrote:
> I don't know how to run this wui.php. In the wiki it says that to open
> it in a browser but nothing happen when I did that. Please correct me
> if I am doing something wrong.

The supposed usecase it to just open the
http://<host>/pmadir/test/wui.php url. In case this gives a white screen
you might wanna look in your webservers logfile. It might be that php is
having trouble executing something.

> Few ideas I have in my mind about testing.
>
> Testing module
> |
> |__core-code testing
> |    |_PHPUnit tests *
> |
> |__Interface testing
>     |_selenium/other interface testing scripts **
>     |_converted PHP tests from above ***
>

> *   - contains all the core function tests for code.
> **  - Here we can have scripts and run them as appropriate in the
> browser itself.
> *** - Here we can have PHP tests so that we can test as PHPUnit tests.
>        Another thing is, here we can have some grouped tests like, for
> example, AllAjaxifiedInterfaceTests.php, so that we can run this
> test suite to test once Java-script enabled and once disabled. Like
> wise we can group any possible scenarios.
>
> These are few ideas I have, please correct me and add all of your
> comments if I am wrong.

As the number of tests grows, as I hope, splitting it in subdirectories
is a good way to keep manageable.

I would like however to keep the names simple e.g.:

/test (would only include some testrunner code)
|____/phpunit
|____/selenium

Grouping test-classes into suites of a particular area makes good sense.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Herman van Rink
Initfour websolutions