[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in AJAXify Interface project idea

lgtkaushalya at gmail.com lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:36:34 CET 2011

Hi Marc,

> Please checkout "master" instead.

   I have then re checkout the "master" and checked for the functionality of
the search option.

> One area that needs improvement is Database search:
> - collapse/expand the "Search in database" fieldset
> - separate popup when clicking on Browse in the search results, to avoid
> losing the search results; the same for Delete (especially when a Delete
> attempt fails)

  When I tried to search using PMA it gives unexpected UI panel repeating
within the result window. I check it with the version 3.3.7 and in that it
works fine. Here is the link which I have showed the screen shots of the
results which I get. Here the "Tab navigation bar [1]" and the "Search in
database[2]" panels showed twice.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eEEgOemO8uhkzAw_aFYOSwHDKYZeiLRPuVDjAHxx8tc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CO738scF#

  I'm Using Ubuntu 10.10 as the os, apache-2.2.16 as the server and using a
symlink to the phpmyadmin folder and Google chrome as the browser for
testing this.

  Can you clarify whether this is a bug.

> Are you familiar with jQuery?

  Last few days I went through some jQuery tutorial and now having some
basic knowledge on it. So I'm willing to start working on the improvements
you have mentioned. Are there any standards which should I follow in PMA UI
designing. I will start working on the task of -collapse/expand the "Search
in database" fieldset.
  But in the -separate popup when clicking on Browse in the search results,
task needs a better structure. So may I draw a wire-frame for that UI, so
you can correct me if it needs any modification.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--
http://coders-view.blogspot.com/