[Phpmyadmin-devel] Interested in AJAXify Interface project idea

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Jan 26 18:53:50 CET 2011

lgtkaushalya at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>

>     Please checkout "master" instead.
>

>    I have then re checkout the "master" and checked for the
> functionality of the search option.
>

>     One area that needs improvement is Database search:
>     - collapse/expand the "Search in database" fieldset
>     - separate popup when clicking on Browse in the search results, to avoid
>     losing the search results; the same for Delete (especially when a Delete
>     attempt fails)
>

>   When I tried to search using PMA it gives unexpected UI panel
> repeating within the result window. I check it with the version 3.3.7
> and in that it works fine. Here is the link which I have showed the
> screen shots of the results which I get. Here the "Tab navigation bar
> [1]" and the "Search in database[2]" panels showed twice.
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eEEgOemO8uhkzAw_aFYOSwHDKYZeiLRPuVDjAHxx8tc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CO738scF#
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eEEgOemO8uhkzAw_aFYOSwHDKYZeiLRPuVDjAHxx8tc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CO738scF#>
>
>   I'm Using Ubuntu 10.10 as the os, apache-2.2.16 as the server and
> using a symlink to the phpmyadmin folder and Google chrome as the
> browser for testing this.
>
>   Can you clarify whether this is a bug.

I don't have this testing environment so I suggest you open a bug report
at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=377408&group_id=23067 and give
your screenshot reference. There have been and are other bug reports
specific to Chrome.

>     Are you familiar with jQuery?
>

>   Last few days I went through some jQuery tutorial and now having some
> basic knowledge on it. So I'm willing to start working on the
> improvements you have mentioned. Are there any standards which should I
> follow in PMA UI designing. I will start working on the task of
> -collapse/expand the "Search in database" fieldset.

Have a look at how the expand/collapse happens in table search. There
are no formal written standard.

>   But in the -separate popup when clicking on Browse in the search
> results, task needs a better structure. So may I draw a wire-frame for
> that UI, so you can correct me if it needs any modification.

OK.