[Phpmyadmin-devel] zoom-search: need to push code?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Jul 5 22:06:45 CEST 2011

Le 2011-07-05 08:50, Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> Hi,
> I had made some changes and pushed my work.
>
>     * Implemented the Hide/Show search criteria for zoom-search
>       interface. After submitting the input criteria the input form
>       toggles to hide and can be made visible again by clicking 'Show
>       input criteria'

Good!

>     * The link for 'How to use?' / instructions to use is available
>       again by using PMA_ajaxShowMessage

OK but I don't have the time to read the full message; I must click
again and this is annoying. Maybe leave it in place until I click again?

>     * Browse/Edit mode it kept so as to disable the data point info form
>       elements when using browse mode and enabled when using edit mode.

I still find the modes confusing. Two other reasons to annoy me:
- now that the search criteria are hidden by default, going into Edit
mode requires more clicks (and maybe I don't even remember that the
modes dialog was there)

- in browse mode I still see a Submit button

It would be so much simpler if the interface was always in Edit mode. If
I don't want to edit, I just don't edit.

>       I was thinking that if we had to add more modes like add or delete
>       we can add it to this panel.

We started this dialog with the Search idea, remember. I'm not sure we
want Add and Delete, but should we want these:
- Delete can be implemented with a simple red X or a Delete button in
the current dialog
- Add can be done with another button

Using "modes" is just not the right way, IMO. The user wants to do
something, so give him the links/buttons to do it; don't ask him to
choose the right mode.

>     * Changed the names for some configuration directives

Next time, please do shorter commits, it's easier to see what part of
the code was changed for what reason. I would have preferred 4 commits
for your 4 changes.

Another thing: why remove this line from config.default.php?
$cfg['ShowDisplayDir'] = false;